Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Scarf substitute?

Here's a project I played around with over the past couple evenings. It's a patterned moebius - a continuous circle that is shaped like an infinity 8. This is done by the way the stitches are cast on and knitted. It adds a natural overlap and I think it could be a nice substitute for a winter scarf. It allows nice coverage of the neck, the overlap at the coat opening for extra warmth, and then there's no scarf left hanging down inside to add bulk. What do you think??  By the way... I had to take 8 or 10 photos before I came up with one I was willing to post. I didn't say I like it, but I'm willing to use it. And since I didn't think the detail of the moebius pattern showed up well, I enrolled my floor lamp to act as a stand-in neck so I could take a more accurate photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment