Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Light plus Dark Makes Green Tomatoes, too!

Wow, talk about excited! My tomatoes are doing great and I believe I really am going to harvest some this year. I have LOTS of blossoms and two little green tomatoes :-)
Both tomatoes are now larger than a marble and the larger of the two still has the dried blossom sticking to his little belly button.
I took the photos in the dark and, for some reason, the flash washed out a lot of the detail on the 'maters. You'll have to take my word for it that they truly are handsome little buggers. In another week I should be able to see if some of the other blossoms take a lesson from these guys and start growing their own little ketchup cups. Wouldn't it be fun if I get enough tomatoes to put up a few quarts of sauce for the winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment