I used the ice cream bowl for my KitchenAid mixer to make the lemon ice. It was quick and easy and enjoyed by all!
Here's the recipe if you'd like to give it a whirl (or crank):
Italian Lemon Ice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- Dissolve sugar in boiling water and cool before continuing. You can make ahead and keep in the fridge for lemon ice emergency prep!
- Add the lemon juice and grated lemon rind.
- Pour the liquid into your ice cream freezer according to your directions and let mix for about 25 minutes for an electric mixer.
- Finished ice will be a bit slushy on the edges but ever so delicious. If you have leftovers and freeze them, they will get harder and can be shaved easily into a bowl with a regular spoon.
- If you don't have an ice cream freezer, you can pour the mixed liquid into a tray, stick it in the freezer and give it a stir every so often until it freezes to your liking.