Sunday, November 14, 2010

Really - It's a Cheese Cave

You may look at this photo and say "Hmm, it sure looks like a wine cooler." Here's the secret - this cheese cave that is masquerading as a wine cooler has a thermostat and can be set to just the right temperature for aging home made hard cheese. 
I've made soft cheese for years and was disappointed when I decided to try my hand at hard cheese only to learn that I didn't have a suitable environment for the aging process. A normal refrigerator is too cold and a cool garage is too warm. The temperature should remain consistent and cool for the aging process to work and produce a truly tasty cheese. I've been looking for a used wine cooler for a year and a half. I've come across quite a few but they were too expensive for my frugal pockets. I found this one on craigslist this weekend and I think it will do the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment