Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Adoption - A daunting decision

I was pondering my secability this evening while tending to a healing cut on the palm of my hand. I wanted to make sure the wound was no longer open since I plan to spend a great deal of time in the kitchen tomorrow. I have plans to cut up red, yellow and orange sweet peppers for the dehydrator and prepare an isangelous meal of "Pumpkin Stuffed with Everything Good."

Did you spot a couple words in there that aren't familiar? I found a most fun website tonight and adopted the words secability and isangelous. If you love words, I encourage you to go to www.savethewords.org and adopt some words of your own. These are words that have fallen into disuse and are being removed from dictionaries. You have to promise to use the words in speech and written communications to the best of your ability. The words call out to you to be picked - REALLY! Click on the word and you'll get the definition, part of speech and used in a sentence. Once you adopt a word, you get your own little party on screen. Here are a couple screen shots of my parties:

Just in case you're wondering...
Secability - noun, capability of getting cut
Isangelous - adjective, equivalent to the angels

Have fun and let me know what words you adopt!

No comments:

Post a Comment