Thursday, December 1, 2011

I'm getting excited!

Wow, it's been a whole month since I've updated this blog and so much has happened. I've been as busy as a bee and things are just picking up!

The first thing I want to do is thank God for watching over me, meeting all my needs and guiding things for my future. My house has been on the market since May and I had really expected it would sell quickly and I'd be in PA for most of the summer. That was not to be. But since the last update, I've had an offer on the house and things are moving along. The inspection phase is done and the appraisal was completed yesterday. It doesn't seem that the appraisal should be a problem but we won't know for a day or two if all is well on that front. I'm trusting that things will happen as God has willed. If all proceeds according to the contract dates, the closing for the house will be on December 16. The household goods will be loaded on the moving van on December 15. My best friend, Joel, from PA is flying out on December 13 to ride back cross-country with me! Yay!!

Valerie was a huge help in gathering information on storage units for me. Armed with all the info and details she put together, I've made arrangements for goods to be stored on the other end of the trip. That's a huge load off my mind. Kent & Kristine have offered to check out the units to make sure it's a good choice. I'm so blessed with a family that looks out for me.

In addition to attending to many paperwork chores and making arrangements and working on boxing up anything that's not already in storage, I've been doing some knitting. I made a sweater for Sam and discovered that I had used hand-washable wool while I was busy knitting it. I didn't read the label closely. I chose Cascade 220 yarn because I've used it in the past and it was superwash. Turns out Cascade 220 comes in both superwash and hand-washable versions. Ut-oh...
I've been told that Sam likes to wear the sweaters I make for him so I didn't want to send one that he wouldn't be able to wear if he was playing outside, cooking with mama, or eating something messy. So I made another sweater with some machine washable yarn.
I changed the pattern up a bit so they aren't identical and he can wear this one even if he's going to get messy!

I also saw some yarn that I thought would be nice for mittens. I bought a skein and whipped up a pair. They're light and comfy and I think the fuzzy yarn will make them warm, as well.
I was wondering how the variegated yarn would work out and was amazed to find that the second mitten started at a place in the variegation that matched the starting place of the first mitten. So without even trying, the mittens are nearly the same. If the mittens were a bit smaller or larger it wouldn't have worked out that way. Fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment